- Proof of parentage of each ancestor in the line of descent is required. Copies of birth, marriage and death certificates are required for the first three generations for the bloodline carrier and the spouse. If you have proved your ancestor through either the DAR or SAR, you may use those proofs.
- Service records should be from original records or acceptable substitute records.
- Download, print, fill in the application form, scan the completed form and email to email@example.com OR mail to:Descendants of Green Mountain Boys
PO Box 101
Fair Haven, VT 05743
- Please include the family information on the final page.
- On application completion and acceptance by the certifying genealogist, the descendant may join for a one time fee of $77.00, $99.00 for a family, and will receive a Descendant GMB certificate.
Notes: All fees go to further the research of identifying and recognizing the service of these remarkable individuals. Commemorative gravesite flags will be available. Application and proof documents will not be returned; they will be filed with the Descendants of Green Mountain Boys.
Acceptable Sources of Proof
- Government vital records and published vital records, do not need to be certified.
- Probate records, as in wills etc, and Court records.
- Land Records.
- Military and Pension records.
- Church records.
- Abstracts of primary source material.
- Tax lists.
- Cemetery records, photographs and notarized transcriptions.
- Census records, Federal and State from 1850, where the individual and relationships are named.
- Bible records, letters and diaries.
- Town, county or local histories with citations to source documents.
- Compiled genealogies.
- Newspaper accounts.